Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99650: Put scroll-bar on right b

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99650: Put scroll-bar on right by default on UNIX.
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:21:05 -0400

AM> I think we'd agree, it wouldn't be a bad idea for the scroll
AM> bar position to be an option.

Yes, we (all, I'm sure) fully agree on that point.

Incidently, according to info the scroll bar position is not
configurable via X Resources, only its width is.

That should be fixed as well.  Anytime frame parameters such
as that are changed after the frame is first mapped, users are
subjected to annoyances like flashing and sometimes even bugs.
Similar examples of features better disabled by resources than
by the init file -- and which already can be -- are the toolbar
and the menubar.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6