Re: GDB on Mac is (NOT) Broken

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: GDB on Mac is (NOT) Broken
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:45:49 -0400 (EDT)

+ address@hidden (Nick Roberts):

> Yes, you could use non-proprietary software. [...]
>
> You don't say what version of GDB you're using but I suspect it is Apple GDB.

Which, being GDB, is of course non-proprietary software (though it
runs on a proprietary platform), so Apple must, and does, provide a
copy of the modified source code. Many versions are here:

  http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/gdb/

They don't seem to provide the source in a handy archive format (does
the GPL require that?), but I expect that a suitably crafted wget
command will get you the whole tree.

- Harald