Re: Customize UI

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Customize UI
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:05:06 +0900

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
> ** Move sub-group links to the top of the Customize buffer.
>    This will make the group tree navigation much easier.
>    Most file browsers do the same: they put links to subdirectories
>    before links to files (in Customize, options are analogous to files,
>    and groups - to directories).

This is only reasonable if the list of sub-groups is sufficiently small
that they don't push the actual options off the screen.  I don't know
the degree to which this is possible in typical customize groups.

[Note this is a problem with mac/windows-style file dialogs too -- it
can be very annoying when you want to open a file in a directory with
only a few files, but lots of subdirectories, and the files are pushed
way to the bottom....]

-Miles

--
Laughter, n. An interior convulsion, producing a distortion of the features
and accompanied by inarticulate noises. It is infectious and, though