Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99650: Put scroll-bar on right b

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99650: Put scroll-bar on right by default on UNIX.
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:01:50 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> It might help to reduce its size.  I use --without-toolkit-scrollbars
>> myself and additionally
>> (setq-default scroll-bar-width 15)
>
> 15 is reduced?  I've had it set to 6 for so long that I can't imagine
> what "more than 15" could fee like,

It has been smaller at one time for me, but screen resolutions have
increased.  Maybe it would make sense for such resources to be
specifiable as a float and have it measured as a multiple of the
standard font's character pitch rather than an absolute number of
pixels.

I want to be able to hit the scrollbar without squinting somewhat
reliably, and 0.8 characters are more or less what makes that convenient
for me.

--
David Kastrup