Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99650: Put scroll-bar on right b

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99650: Put scroll-bar on right by default on UNIX.
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:27:36 +0100

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Stefan Monnier
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> PS: This discussion can only be religious, because there really is no
>> rational reason to prefer one over the other.
>

> There is a lot of rational reasons, but they are small. Not much to
> discuss. IMO that means that following the normal conventions is
> probably the best.

So can we please have the default on the left for Athena style widgets
with proportional scrolling, as the left _is_ the _normal_ convention
for applications using them?

The current state, installed without previous discussion, places the
scrollbar _against_ normal conventions for those widgets.

--
David Kastrup