Re: GDB on Mac is (NOT) Broken

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: GDB on Mac is (NOT) Broken
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:27:03 +1300

 > The simplest workaround would be something like (push '("\\`gdb\\'"
 > . (utf-8-dos . utf-8-unix)) process-coding-system-alist).  But
 > detecting Apple versions of GDB would be better.  Could you check the
 > patch below?

I can only currently try it on GNU/Linux and I can confirm that it doesn't
break behaviour there.

Maybe Chad Brown or Leo could test it on a Mac.  I suspect that FSF GDB on
Mac would still also work but it would be good to check this too.

If there are no problems then please commit this change.

--
Nick                                           http://users.snap.net.nz/~nickrob

 > *** 1769,1774 ****
 > --- 1781,1792 ----
 >      (progn
 >        (setq output (gdb-concat-output output gud-marker-acc))
 >        (setq gud-marker-acc "")))
 > +       (if (not (string-match "\n" gdb-first-output-line))

           (if (gdb-first-post-prompt)

would probably also work