Re: delete-selection-mode

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: delete-selection-mode
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 22:51:56 +0200

>> So do fringes, toolbars, menus, scrollbars, the splash screen, syntax
>> highlighting and almost every other change we've made to Emacs over
>> the years.
>
> None of them destroy your text given the same keystrokes.

You can accidentally type C-w and destroy your text.

Actually, pre-22 default behavior was very dangerous.

I remember inadvertently destroying the text (with C-w etc.) many times
when t-m-m was off, because when I thought the mark was in one place,
it actually was in another.  Now thanks to t-m-m I can see the region
boundaries, and with the combination of t-m-m + d-s-m I never had a case
of destroying the text.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/