abbrev-mode and with-wrapper-hook on Windows

From: zwz
Subject: abbrev-mode and with-wrapper-hook on Windows
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:03:11 +0000 (UTC)

I just found a weird problem about the abbrev-mode on Windows. After I enable
abbrev-mode, I cannot enter any characters but digits and letters, saying
that "expand-abbrev: Invalid function: with-wrapper-hook". This problem does
not happen on Linux.

I googled and found some answers, like "make bootstrap". But in fact, this
does not work on Windows, since I did compile the latest GNU emacs by "make
bootstrap" with MSYS+MinGW.

And I tried:
1. eval the function "expand-abbrev" (in abbrev.el) by C-x C-e; then the error
message chaged as "with-wrapper-hook: Symbol's function definition is void:
labels". In a new-started emacs, however, I can see that the function "labels"
is defined in cl-macs.el. I have no idea what else happened when I hit C-x C-e.

2. add (load "abbrev") in ~/.emacs; this solves the problem. Now I can use
abbrev-mode, but I do not like this workaround. I hope somebody can help me
figure out why and how.