Bell (was: delete-selection-mode)

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Bell (was: delete-selection-mode)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 00:35:16 +0200

>>> I'm not actually sure that C-g warrants ringing either bell.
>> I agree; the bell is a holdover from more barbaric times.
>
> I see we all agree.  Could someone send a patch to make C-g send an SMS?

In http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-11/msg01291.html
I proposed to add a new symbol property `error-bell' by analogy with
properties `error-message' and `error-conditions' and with possible
values t, nil and `visible', and to put this property with the value nil
on `beginning-of-buffer', `end-of-buffer' and `keyboard-quit'.
This makes possible to add more values later, e.g. `user-error'
or even `send-sms' and `send-tweet'.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/