Re: AW: delete-selection-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: AW: delete-selection-mode
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:35:02 +0900

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
>> Then let's find another key to (only) deactivate.
>
>   ESC ESC ESC runs the command keyboard-escape-quit,
>   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `simple.el'.
>
>   It is bound to M-ESC ESC.

Er, how is that any better?

ESC ESC ESC is supposed to be an idiot-friendly "get me out of here"
command; changing its semantics to overload some sort of "... oh also
you can use it to deactivate the region" exception would defeat the
simplicity which is necessary to make it idiot-friendly.

-Miles

--
Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after them.