Re: delete-selection-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: delete-selection-mode
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 13:56:56 +0900

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
> I think you are misunderstanding. The proposal was of course that the
> colors should match how the region behaves.

Right, and I'm saying the way the region behaves is bad.

> Naive users will not be bothered by this since they will only see a
> region that behaves like a region in other editing environments.

That's extremely limited thinking.  It assumes that users who use those
commands will _never_ use the Emacs repertoire of marking commands; if
they do, they'll be confronted by inconsistent behavior for no obvious
reason.  That may well discourage them from exploring further -- and
that's _bad_; the Emacs commands are superior, if unfamiliar at first.

-Miles

--
Omochiroi!