RE: finder.el UI

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: finder.el UI
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:13:12 -0700

> Indeed, maybe we should move finder.el to lisp/obsolete?

I don't have the time now to follow this thread. I would just like to say that
I, for one, do use some finder.el features. If those become available only in
some other form then I will try to adjust my code to that form. But I would not
like to see them disappear altogether.

In particular, I use `finder-commentary'. I use it, for example, to add a button
to *Help* buffer content (e.g. `C-h m') that opens the corresponding Commentary
section in Finder mode. Here is a typical example:

(define-button-type 'bookmarkp-commentary-button
  :supertype 'help-xref
  'help-function #'(lambda ()
                     (finder-commentary "bookmark+"))
  'help-echo "mouse-2, RET: Bookmark+ documentation")

(help-insert-xref-button "[Doc]" 'bookmarkp-commentary-button)