Re: GDB on Mac is (NOT) Broken

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: GDB on Mac is (NOT) Broken
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:55:07 +1300

 > > How is it unsafe?
 >
 > It changes the set of commands passed between Emacs and GDB, so it's not
 > obviously "safe" (in the sense of "cannot introduce a change in behavior").

On platforms other than Apple's behaviour is unchanged: there is no match in
gdb-apple-test and it does nothing.  On Apple platforms, the coding-system
is changed but that behaviour has been tested by Mac users.

No change is risk free but I think this one is as safe as they come.

--
Nick                                           http://users.snap.net.nz/~nickrob