Re: delete-selection-mode

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: delete-selection-mode
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:13:47 -0400

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> I was proposing folding the semantics of shift-select and mouse-select.
> You think that would imply making shift-select worse, but we could
> probably achieve it by making mouse-select better instead.

mouse-select and shift-select semantics are already unified to a large
extent.  Try it: drag a region of text with the mouse, then extend the
region with the shift-arrow keys.  Internally, both work by setting the
value of `transient-mark-mode' to `only'.

Do you have a specific suggestion for improvement?