Re: face for non-ASCII characters

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: face for non-ASCII characters
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:18:05 -0500

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:28:01 +0100 Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:

LB> 2010/3/23 Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>:
>> I would make this an Emacs first-class option rather than an optional
>> library.  I think it's really useful.

LB> Ok, since you found it useful I tried to finish it. See the attachment.

Stefan, Yidong, what do you think about something like markchars.el
becoming part of Emacs, so users can turn it on with a global
customization?  I don't think it has to be a minor mode necessarily but
I'm no expert in that area.

If it goes in there are several tasks: picking a variable name, picking
suitable default faces, (maybe) adding a menu item, and documenting the
new behavior.  I would really like to make it easily available to Emacs
users and will help with these tasks.

Ted