Re: highlighting non-ASCII characters

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: highlighting non-ASCII characters
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:11:35 +0200

> Maybe "Recommended Identifier Profiles for IDN" should be implemented
> in Emacs? (See http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr39/data/idnchars.txt)

I think it would be more useful to implement this spec:
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr39/data/confusables.txt
"Visually Confusable Characters: Provides a mapping for visual
confusables for use in further restricting identifiers for security".

It's very large, but it seems it's still incomplete.  I can't find
a "confusable" mapping for the problem I reported:

  BOX DRAWINGS DOUBLE HORIZONTAL   ->   EQUALS SIGN

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/