Re: anything.el inclusion

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: anything.el inclusion
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 07:37:19 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

>> Could Anything be included in Emacs?
>
> I think its "configs" would be good to have in Emacs
> to use in completions.
What do you mean by "configs"?

> However, its UI is non-standard and inconvenient.
What is inconvenient in anything commands?

> You have to add the `anything-' prefix to every command,
> i.e. to use `anything-write-file' instead of `write-file',
> `anything-insert-file' instead of `insert-file', etc.
It seem you are speaking of file completion of anything-config, as it is
part of anything, it must have `anything-' prefix no?, or may be i don't
understand what you mean.

> It would be better to display its "completions" buffer
> from the minibuffer of existing commands.
The goal of anything completion (for files) is to stay in the anything
loop without going out, a regular use of minibuffer will complete on one
search and then exit.
Actually with anything-find-files you can navigate in all you system
file with completion without quitting anything and without opening any dired
buffers.

--
Thierry Volpiatto
Gpg key: http://pgp.mit.edu/