Re: Tweaking t-m-m to make room for d-s-m

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Tweaking t-m-m to make room for d-s-m
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:18:09 +0100

>> Couldn't C-x SPC be used to activate the region (without changing
>> point and mark)? It seems unused and is easier to type then
>> Alan's suggestion. -- Mathias
>
> C-z

I think that would be a very bad idea since C-z seems to be used as
undo in most editing environments.

BTW I searched a bit to see if this was defined in CUA. A little bit
surprised I found that most pages mentioning CUA seems to be Emacs
related. Am I wrong to assume that this means that Emacs is the last
main editing environment that does not use CUA by default? I just did
a test with gvim and found that it seems to support:

- CUA keys and C-z (in insert mode)
- shift select
- self insert keys replaces visible selection