RE: Tweaking t-m-m to make room for d-s-m

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Tweaking t-m-m to make room for d-s-m
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:23:39 -0700

> I guess you know the CUA style key bindings etc? And that you know how
> to use them and have done it, or?

FWIW, I know and use CUA bindings much of the day, most days - in Framemaker and
Windows, in particular. I still prefer not to use cua-mode in Emacs. Emacs is
not Framemaker, Word, Windows, DOS,...

Do I bother to switch back and forth like that just because I got in the Emacs
habit? I can't prove the contrary. I admit that I knew Emacs before the others,
and I haven't tried to use Emacs in Viper mode or CUA mode. But I like to think
that I do this switch-dance because Emacs keys fit better with Emacs.

Call it delusion, if you like. Still, it shows that it is possible to walk and
chew gum at the same time. And it's even possible for Emacs newbies to do it -
of that I'm certain. I've even seen them riding bicycles.