RE: Tweaking t-m-m to make room for d-s-m

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Tweaking t-m-m to make room for d-s-m
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:44:26 -0700

> > Do I bother to switch back and forth like that just because
> > I got in the Emacs habit? I can't prove the contrary. I admit
> > that I knew Emacs before the others, and I haven't tried to
> > use Emacs in Viper mode or CUA mode. But I like to think
> > that I do this switch-dance because Emacs keys fit better
> > with Emacs.
>
> Why not try cua-mode?

FWIW, in my own case, about the only time I'm bitten by the switch is that I
sometimes finding myself using `C-s' in Emacs as a reflex to save my work. Or
vice versa: I hit `C-x C-s' in Framemaker and get the message "Nothing to cut".

Oh, and sometimes I hit `C-v' to paste and end up going down a page in Emacs.
But most of the time, even half-asleep on autopilot I get by OK. And for some
reason I never seem to get tripped up by C-c, C-x, or C-z.