Re: Next pretest

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Next pretest
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:48:22 +0200

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > How about a Windows binary?
>>
>> I will be away. However I could perhaps upload something now to my
>> site instead. How about that?
>
> Every little bit helps, of course. Thanks, Lennart.

> And pretest binaries should correspond to the pretest source code exactly.
> Otherwise, we can be comparing apples and oranges (which can mean confusion
> and
> more work for everyone involved).

Thanks. I am including a file with something like this now:

;; bzr checkout info for Emacs unpatched version
(defconst emacs-trunk-bzr-revision-id
"address@hidden")
(defconst emacs-trunk-bzr-revno 99712)
(defconst emacs-trunk-bzr-date "2010-03-21 12:57:49 +0100")
(defconst emacs-trunk-bzr-branch-nick "trunk")

I suggested that should be recommended in the build process and
included in bug reports, but I got no responce.

> And `report-emacs-bug' should correctly address the pretest mailing list (that
> didn't happen the last time you made a binary available informally for pretest
> testing).

I have forgotten. Was I using the wrong branch, or?