Re: Concurrency

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Concurrency
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 15:19:22 -0600

>>> (mutex-lock MUTEX)
>>> Acquire a mutex.  If already held by this thread, returns.
>>
>> I.e. it's a "recursive/reentrant mutex".

Davis> Hmm -- is it fully recursive, where you must unlock it as many times as
Davis> you locked it?  (I don't much care for the semi-recursive kind where one
Davis> unlock is sufficient regardless of the number of lock operations...)

Yeah, it doesn't keep a count.  And in addition to this problem,
mutex-unlock has a bug where it can unlock any mutex, not just ones own
by the current thread.

Tom