Re: Tweaking t-m-m to make room for d-s-m

From: Christoph
Subject: Re: Tweaking t-m-m to make room for d-s-m
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 19:16:39 -0600

On 3/29/2010 6:08 PM, Lennart Borgman wrote:
On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 1:38 AM, Richard Stallman<address@hidden>  wrote:

Undo can be done under X windows using C-/, which is just as easy
to type as C-z.
No, I do not think so for several reasons:

- It is not as easy to type for `undo' if your are used to using C-z for that.
Oh yes, once in a while you see me cursing at the computer thinking I accidently closed it but I just hit C-z...
- It is not necessarily as easy to type on an international keyboard
I can confirm this. On a German keyboard layout I actually use C-_ over C-\, which is way easier. On the other hand, the Y and Z are also switched, so C-z is imho only nice on a US layout.

Christoph