Re: HEAD broken for OSX- nsfsn.o fails to compile

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: HEAD broken for OSX- nsfsn.o fails to compile
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:56:21 -0700

On Mar 31, 2010, at 3:23 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:

> Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>
>> Does this ring any bells?
>
> Well, it rings these bells:
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5814
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-03/msg01440.html
>
> and the one from INSTALL.BZR:
>
>    Because the Bazaar version of Emacs is a work in progress, it will
>    sometimes fail to build. Please wait a day or so (and check the
>    bug and development mailing list archives) before reporting such
>    problems. In most cases, the problem is known about and is just
>    waiting for someone to fix it.

You reply to the message wherein he points out that the breakage happened 3
days ago with a quote suggesting he wait a day or so.  He checked the mailing
list and saw that no one had mentioned it in well more than ``a day or so'',
and sent mail to the development list with the specific breakage and changeset
that caused it.

Complete Failure.

I realize that it is very important to you that the bug tracker be used
appropriately, but this is not the first time I've seen you attempt to hector
people out of reporting development issues and asking development questions on
the development list -- not the bug tracker.  While I'm sure that you're doing
good work, and I do appreciate those good works, I do not consider this type of
nanny-ism good, or desirable, and it comes across to me as the opposite of
helpful.

Thanks,
*Chad