Re: gsoc for concurrent Emacs? (was: Concurrency)

From: Giuseppe Scrivano
Subject: Re: gsoc for concurrent Emacs? (was: Concurrency)
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 02:45:49 -0700 (PDT)

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> I think the concurrent Emacs project is nicely standalone and would make
> a good GSoC project (see
> http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2010.html, where Guile
> integration is already mentioned).  The concurrent Emacs branch
> obviously needs some work, especially with documentation, but is
> probably at a level suitable for an interested CS/CE student.

I am not sure there are enough tasks at this point that a GSoC project
is needed for the cooperative model we are using and I am afraid it is
too early yet to think about a new one.  AFAICS, the main activity to
get the concurrent model working is bug-fixing.

> I'm not the one to propose this but if Giuseppe or Tom want, they can
> e-mail address@hidden as the URL above suggests.  GSoC requires
> a mentor so it's not completely hands-off...

If the Emacs maintainers think it is worthwhile, I am available for
mentoring.

Cheers,
Giuseppe