Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 17:53:30 -0400

> I haven't had time to take a look at the implementation, but why do you
> need to use window configurations?

FWIW, I think the link between TABs and their "meaning" (i.e. the
action to perform when one TAB is selected) should be in Elisp, and
using window-configs seem like a very natural choice.  Much more
lightweight that frames.

        Stefan "who thinks there's a continuum between tabs-on-frames
                and tabs-on-window, by allowing tabs at any level of the
                window tree".