Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 08:49:28 +0200

Angelo Graziosi skrev:
Il 01/04/2010 19.45, Jan Djärv ha scritto:

Angelo Graziosi skrev 2010-04-01 18.52:
Jan D. wrote:
Hello.

I've published a new branch...

I have build that, but when I start Emacs, I don't 'see' any tabs. How
can we enable those? I have a desktop file which opens several file when
I start Emacs, so I would expect to see them in tabs! :-)

I don't think that is a good idea in general. I have desktopfiles with
over 50 files. 50 tabs isn't manageable.

Obviously (20 files in my case). Beside a minimum number, the tabs should be 'collapsed' with an 'arrow' pointing to the 'collapsing'.

I don't know exactly what you mean by collapsed, but Gtk+ adds arrows on the sides when the tabs are too many to fit. Not exactly pretty, but it works.

        Jan D.

PNG image