Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 11:59:58 +0200

Il 02/04/2010 8.53, Jan Djärv ha scritto:
Angelo Graziosi skrev:

When I use 'M-x tab-new', I see a single buffer in two tabs. After
closing the tabs, switching buffer as usually, with mouse-1/-3 on mode
line, Emas becomes very slow, perhaps it hangs...

It may be timing related, I can't reproduce it. Does it always happen?
Do you have a recepie for it?

At the moment, I can't reproduce too! So I haven't a clean recipe.

By the way, I want to flag that on Cygwin, the active tab shows a sort of 'focus' rectangle which should not be expected (see 'sp_test.f90' in the attached figure).

Any way, as I wrote, we need a 'M-x tabs-mode', perhaps *not* by default if you prefer, but that we can customize in the .emacs file.

Another thing. Clicking on the tab's 'X', should not close the file? It deletes only the tab, the buffer being still 'visited' by Emacs. (I do not remember a similar behavior with other applications using tabs.)

Ciao,
Angelo.