ChangeLog entry for ido.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: ChangeLog entry for ido.el
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 12:35:51 +0300

Are long entries such as the one below really appropriate for
ChangeLog files?  I don't think ChangeLog is a place to explain how
things work; it would have been much better to move this description
to ido.el itself, right where ido-use-virtual-buffers is defined.

  2010-04-04  John Wiegley  <address@hidden>

          * ido.el (ido-use-virtual-buffers): New variable to indicate
          whether "virtual buffer" support is enabled for IDO.  Essentially
          it works as follows: Say you are visiting a file and the buffer
          gets cleaned up by mignight.el.  Later, you want to switch to that
          buffer, but find it's no longer open.  With virtual buffers
          enabled, the buffer name stays in the buffer list (using the
          ido-virtual face, and always at the end), and if you select it, it
          opens the file back up again.  This allows you to think less about
          whether recently opened files are still open or not.  Most of the
          time you can quit Emacs, restart, and then switch to a file buffer
          that was previously open as if it still were.  NOTE: This feature
          has been present in iswitchb for several years now, and I'm
          porting the same logic to IDO.