Re: Installing changes from branches

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Installing changes from branches
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 17:57:22 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:18:32 -0400
>
> I don't see anything in the text you quoted that says that
> "diff -rsubmit:" will shows the diff w.r.t. the common ancestor.

I don't understand your evidence (feel free to explain), but the bzr
docs does say that:

  submit: Selects a common ancestor with the submit branch.

  submit: Diffing against this shows all the changes that were made in
          this branch, and is a good predictor of what merge will
          do. The submit branch is used by the bundle and merge
          directive commands. If no submit branch is specified, the
          parent branch is used instead.

          The common ancestor is the last revision that existed in
          both branches. Usually this is the branch point, but it
          could also be a revision that was merged.