Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99824: 2010-04-04 John Wiegley <

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99824: 2010-04-04 John Wiegley <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 14:20:09 -0400

Hi John,

Always happy to see your contributions.

Just a few points about this last one to ido.el, which might be good for
other people to hear as well:
- Please start your commit messages with one line that summarizes the
  change (so that "bzr log --short" gives useful info).
- Don't expect the commit message (and/or the ChangeLog) to be read by
  end-users, so to advertise new end-user features, put them in
  etc/NEWS instead.
- Before putting extra text in the change message, think whether it
  would be appropriate as a comment in the code instead.  Between the
  two, we usually prefer comments.

One more thing, while I'm here: IIUC this new feature doesn't work well
when you have multiple files with the same name in different
directories, right?  I mean, it would be good to extend this feature to
work well together with uniquify.el.

        Stefan