Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99824: 2010-04-04 John Wiegley <

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99824: 2010-04-04 John Wiegley <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 14:27:24 -0400

On Apr 4, 2010, at 2:20 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Just a few points about this last one to ido.el, which might be good for
> other people to hear as well:
> - Please start your commit messages with one line that summarizes the
>  change (so that "bzr log --short" gives useful info).
> - Don't expect the commit message (and/or the ChangeLog) to be read by
>  end-users, so to advertise new end-user features, put them in
>  etc/NEWS instead.
> - Before putting extra text in the change message, think whether it
>  would be appropriate as a comment in the code instead.  Between the
>  two, we usually prefer comments.

Thanks, Steven, I'll make the appropriate the changes.  I also thought about
the uniqify tie-in, but didn't do it this time around because in practice it
has never been that big of a deal.  When there are two files of the same name,
you only get to select the most recent of the time via virtual buffers, but
this has almost always been the one I wanted anyway.  But I do agree this
feature should be added for completeness, and I'll put it on my work list.

John