load-library vs. list-load-path-shadows

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: load-library vs. list-load-path-shadows
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 13:03:18 +0200

(This is on Windows, so case insensitive search, etc.)

I installed color-theme in my site-lisp, and then

   M-x load-library <RET> authors <RET>

fails because it finds site-lisp/color-theme/AUTHORS instead of
lisp/emacs-lisp/authors.el[c], which is or isn't a bug (I think it's
not, given that `load-library' clearly says that "LIBRARY is searched
[...] both with and without `load-suffixes'").

But at least `list-load-path-shadows' should use the same heuristics,
so it could point out the problem...

    Juanma