Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99831: Scrolling commands which

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r99831: Scrolling commands which does not signal errors at top/bottom.
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 00:16:04 +0200

> `mwheel-scroll' disobeys `scroll-preserve-screen-position' too.

I would consider that a bug, too. The docstring for
`scroll-preserve-screen-position' does talk about "scroll commands".
The reason the option exists, I think, is because some of us find the
non-preserving behavior quite unbearable (I used Mikael Sjödin's
pager.el for years because I found the standard scroll-(up|down)
commands almost unusable).

> I think
> it would be wrong to add all possible scrolling commands to this code:

Why? Perhaps it should be implemented differently, but that's not the
same as being "wrong".

    Juanma