Re: gdb mode utterly broken on OS X 10.6 with latest

From: Dmitry Dzhus
Subject: Re: gdb mode utterly broken on OS X 10.6 with latest
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 23:07:44 +0400

John Wiegley wrote:
> Is anyone able to use M-x gdb on OS X 10.6? Using -Q to avoid any
> local configurations, I see tons of extra whitespace in the buffer
> now, following by a warning about something my GDB can't support, and
> then at every prompt I see this (bucketloads of whitespace omitted):

I believe this is another problem with Apple GDB. Could you please tell
which GDB version are you using exactly?

You could enable `gdb-enable-debug` customization variable, then run
`M-x gdb` and after you get you problem, run

    M-x pp-eval-expression RET gdb-debug-log RET

and send (in attachment) the contents of `*Pp Eval Output*` buffer you
get, so we can see what GDB output confuses our precious Emacs.
--
Happy Hacking.

http://sphinx.net.ru