Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 04:36:45 +0300

> Tabs may seem like a good idea to switch between different
> window-configurations, but there can actually be other uses for it.
> And even for that use, there can be different choices in terms of which
> tabs to show, ...
> All that needs to be written in Lisp.

In the `x-tabs' branch, creating and switching tabs in the tab-bar is
implemented in Lisp in tab-bar.el where tabs can be used for anything.

The most useful application of tabs for switching window-configurations
is implemented in the separate file tab.el.

I think the `gtk-tabs' branch should do something like that.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/