Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:18:08 +0200

2010/4/10  <address@hidden>:
> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Needed, no.  The best GUI for it?  Probably.
>>

>> So there are two parts of this:
>>
>> - Implementing tabs.
>> - Better handling of window configurations, probably including naming,
>> save and restore etc.
>
> Dont we have this already in "winner" or "winring" or some of the
> existing window configuration packages?

I don't thijnk so. I have not used winring.el, but it looks like it
can name window configurations. However it is not a part of Emacs.

None of them can save and restore window configurations from file
which I think is essential. I am thinking about adding that to
winsav.el. Most of it is already there, but I do not remember how far
we got with a printed representation of window configurations. Anyone
remember?

> Then again, window configurations could be further enhanced by
> finishing one of the "window group" proposals discussed some time
> ago on this list, but that nots necesary for tabs.

I think it is more essential than tabs. It can be used without tabs
and it enhances tabs.