Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Gtk tabs in emacs, new branch.
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:58:30 +0200

address@hidden skrev 2010-04-10 11.46:

Dont we have this already in "winner" or "winring" or some of the
existing window configuration packages?

They can't save or restore configurations from file. Winring seems more advanced, it uses C-x 7 as a prefix as do gtk-tabs.

IMHO tabs should just be buttons that generate events that by default
are bound to activating a particular window configuration.

As I said before, that causes flicker, race conditions and prohibits Gtk tab drag and drop. Talk is easy, show us the implementation.

        Jan D.