`switch-to-buffer' recentering problems

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: `switch-to-buffer' recentering problems
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:04:49 +0200

I've noticed that `switch-to-buffer' recenters the window which it is
called on. I've tried to look for the cause (or maybe I should say
reason) and I think it lies in `set-window-buffer', but I don't know
that much C (at least not "Emacs C") so I can't really be sure.

I'm guessing it has to do with redisplaying triggering a recentering
or something like that. Anyhow, how would I go about modifying this
behaviour to make it _not_ recenter when executing `switch-to-buffer'?

--
Deniz Dogan