Re: guile and emacs and elisp, oh my!

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile and emacs and elisp, oh my!
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:34:47 +0200

Hi,

On Thu 15 Apr 2010 10:53, address@hidden writes:

> Do you have some form of plan how to integrate this form of Guile and
> Emacs? Can it be done incrementally, that is, can the current elisp
> system and the guile system coexist in the same Emacs? If so, more
> hackers could help out with the integration, maybe.

It's a bit vague, currently; we need to finish the Elisp compiler, and
then check on the state Ken Raeburn's Guilemacs branch, and try to
figure out how to do the C shims; lather, rinse, repeat. There has been
one summer of code student last year, Daniel Kraft, and hopefully I'll
have one this year as well.

But Guile isn't quite ready yet. I feel like with a refactoring like
this, once we're ready it will take one person a few months to get
something workable. It has to fit in the head of one person I think.

But we'll see!

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/