Re: [patch] SQL enhancements

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: [patch] SQL enhancements
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 03:06:33 +0300

> With this patch you can do the following:
>
>     (let ((sql-database "database.sqlite")
>           (sql-sqlite-login-params nil))
>      (sql-sqlite))
>
> to set the parameters and avoid the prompting.  You can set
> `sql-sqlite-login-params' to a list of the parameters you want to be
> prompted for; the default for sqlite is '(user password server database).

Thank you!  `sql-sqlite-login-params' is exactly what I wanted.

I hope this will be documented in the documentation,
so users of SQL mode will know how to do that.

PS: While looking at `sql-sqlite-login-params' in your patch,
I noticed a small typo: the docstring of `sql-sqlite-login-params'
mentions Oracle instead of SQLite.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/