Re: Use of make-local-variable in a let-binding

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Use of make-local-variable in a let-binding
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:37:43 -0400

> on the emacs build of today, i have an error in anything.el that never
> appear in precedent version of emacs:
> It tell me that we can't use (set (make-local-variable)...
> inside a let-bind.

Oh, sorry, it was supposed to be a warning, not an error.
Still: try and fix the code so as not to do that because it's asking
for trouble (even more so when `let' binds per-thread as in the
concurrent branch).

> So is it a new behavior or a bug in emacs?

I think it's a feature, but I know that backward compatibility is a more
important feature.

Should be "fixed" now, thanks,

        Stefan