Re: Bidirectional display in GUI sessions

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Bidirectional display in GUI sessions
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:14:47 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > I'm not sure it would be practical.  I could install an X server for
 > Windows, but I don't think we can trust it to be a faithful imitation
 > of a native X server.

True, but IIRC Cygwin provides one; if it's the one I used to use,
it's not that bad.  So, if you see display artifacts here you have to
wonder.  But that's what we have emacs-devel for, no?

    Eli-to-emacs-devel: "I see a glitch on X."
    Emacs-devel-to-Eli: "We don't.  Get a real X server!"
    Eli-to-self: "OK, this one isn't my problem."

Whether you want to go to that effort is up to you of course.