Re: VC and bzr.

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: VC and bzr.
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:18:06 +0200

Andreas Schwab wrote:
"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

Andreas Schwab wrote:
"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

Yes, I know I have a few local branches.  But sometimes it has to go to
savannah, or it will always be your private work.
So push it when and only when it's ready.

Push takes the same amount of time.

You only need to contact the server for the push, not for every commit.

I don't commit every small change from task branches. But sometimes compilation is broken and it is a small change that better be commited as fast as possible. Or it is indeed just a small change.

There is advantage to commit from VC, Changelogs and vl-logs are
available in buffers for example.

Commits work the same.

That statement makes no sense.  Same as what?

        Jan D.