Re: Delete Selection mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Delete Selection mode
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:49:29 -0400

    M-x delete-selection-mode RET
    C-SPC
    M-<    [to put the *scratch* message in the region]
    M-w
    C-y

    This gives me two copies of the *scratch* message.  Do you not see this?

I got the behavior I reported while editing a message.  It surprised
me, so I tried it a couple of more times to make sure, before I
reported it.

But it does not happen now.

I have had it snag me on other occasions.
Just now I noticed a snag coming and avoided it.
So it did not cause a snag, but it was an interference.
It definitely makes editing somewhat worse.