Re: compile.el: save compile-command

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: compile.el: save compile-command
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 19:54:29 +0300

> Actually, the other problem is that it's redundant: the compile command
> is then printed twice at the beginning of the buffer.  I'd rather tweak
> the current format so that the already printed command can be extracted
> reliably and then -*- compilation -*- will be sufficient (assuming
> compilation-mode can then look for the command and set the
> compile-command var appropriately).

`compilation-buffer-name' already tries to get the name of the current
buffer when it's in compilation-mode.  So `compilation-read-command'
could do something similar and try to get the command from the current
buffer (it can be extracted reliably from the fourth line of the output).

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/