Re: Using Git to manage your Emacs changes

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Using Git to manage your Emacs changes
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:26:29 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > If Bazaar developers want help in automatic conversion of their docs
 > system to Texinfo, they should talk to Texinfo maintainers.  With the
 > upcoming switch from makeinfo written in C to texi2html written in
 > Perl, it may be easier to add additional translators; at least that
 > was the theory and the justification for the switch.

Warning: you probably will get zero interest from docutils and Bazaar
hackers in working on code written in Perl.  The sources will remain
in reST, or a derivative, I would imagine.

 > But it has definitely improved already, since we switched.  So I would
 > like to thank you and others who've helped make that happen.

I'm glad to hear that, as a git person who nevertheless put a lot of
effort into trying to help smooth the Bazaar switch for Emacs.  Thank
you for speaking up.