Re: Compositions and bidi display (was: bug#5977: 24.0.50; Lao HELLO is

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Compositions and bidi display (was: bug#5977: 24.0.50; Lao HELLO is incorrectly displayed)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:29:18 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Where I really need help is in getting compositions to work when text
> is reordered.  Is it true that composition_reseat_it and its
> subroutines need to see the to-be-composed characters in strict
> logical order, i.e. left to right?  Or can they also work if they see
> the characters to be composed in the reverse order?

All composition-related functions expect characters are in
logical order.  The bottom-most library for OTF handling
(libotf) requires it because OpenType tables expect
characters in logical order.  So, the bidi reordering must
happen after composition handling is done.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden