Re: globalized minor modes - priority over mode hook?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: globalized minor modes - priority over mode hook?
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:56:41 -0400

>>> `run-mode-hooks' runs the mode hooks first, then
>>> after-change-major-mode-hooks.
>> That would be a bug.  Do you have a recipe to reproduce it?
> Yes, below.

Oops, sorry, I misunderstood.
Yes, indeed, it will be run last.  And it will also be run first if the
mode is written "properly" (by inheriting from some other mode).
We should maybe split this into two parts: fundamental-mode-hook and
after-change-major-mode-hook, the first is the one run before any other
mode hook and the second is run after all other mode hooks.

        Stefan