Re: Compositions and bidi display

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Compositions and bidi display
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 06:18:22 +0300

> From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 21:15:04 +0900
>
> Provided that uppercase letters denote Hebrew consonants,
> lowercase denotes Hebrew diacriticals, a buffer has the
> character sequence "AaBbCc", CHARPOS is the position of 'c',
> ENDPOS is the position of 'A'.
> [...]
> To do all of them, perhaps all I need is to know the way to
> find the correct ENDPOS.  Please tell me how to do that.

What is the definition of ENDPOS?  If that's the beginning of the
composition sequence, that's the same question I asked, for which I
don't know the answer.  If that's the other end of the R2L run of
characters, you need to iterate with bidi_get_next_char_visually until
some condition (which I cannot yet formulate) is satisfied.  But note
that this is tricky, because the bidi iteration changes direction and
jumps at will.